Date:      Tue, 20 Oct 1998 18:38:47 -0700
From:      Robert Baller <rdballer@home.com>
To:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   [Fwd: aic7xxx driver 5.0.19 -> 5.1.2 panic kernel with AHA2742T]

--------------3765996FFDB97A67F52805BD

It seems that others are seeing this problem on the PPC systems.  My
system is a dual processor pentium 133 Tyan motherboard with a
AHA2742A-T (Twin Channel) card.

I've even seen the boot on a AHA3940 system die (used the 5.0.19 driver
on this system).  The AHA3940 boot problem only seem to occur on random
boots.

The 5.0.19 through 5.1.2 aic7xxx code will not work with my AHA2742A-T
card.

I have a temporary workaround in that I built a 2.0.34 kernel with the
4.1 aic7xxx code and that works.

Thanks.

Robert

rdballer@home.com