Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2006 11:42:29 -0400
From:      Francisco Reyes <lists@stringsutils.com>
To:        David Stanford <dthomas53@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat List <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Anyone ever tried experts-exchange for freebsd questions?

David Stanford writes:

> I agree with Darren that you shouldn't need to sign up for
> experts-exchange, as there are plenty of online resources available for
> FreeBSD.

As I replied to his post, I agree that given enough time between searching
archives and the free lists one can get an answer. I am looking to see if
that service may help on the times that the initial search/posts to the
lists fail to yield an answer.

> However, I do have an experts-exchange account and can tell you
> that, although I have only needed to ask maybe four questions, you can
> usually get much quicker responses than other places on the web and there
> is also a fairly deep archive of previous posts to dig through

Thanks for that feedback, but in particular I wanted to know the FreeBSD
section. Do the "experts" there seem knowledgeable?

> it's only $9.99 monthly and you can cancel at anytime.

I will get the job to pay for it. :-)

> up the next time you have an urgent question that can't wait and just
> cancel the account if you feel it's not worth the cost.

Usually I give the search/free list 3 to 4 days before I start to get
desperate. :-)
Specially if there is a project held up because I can't find an answer.

> There is also <URL:http://bsdforums.org/>http://bsdforums.org/...if you
> weren't already aware...

Actually I am aware of the forums, but must admit have not tried them. I
think I will give them a try.

Thanks for your feedback.