Date:      Fri, 24 Feb 1995 18:15:15 -0600
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   mrouted status update

in case anyone is waiting for/working on getting the MROUTING/mrouted
to work, I learned the reason the multicast is not forwarding is due to
the fact the multicast groups are not being formed.

X_ip_mforward in the kernel does a raw_input() to talk to the mrouted which is
suppose to request the kernel to add the group (I think this is strange, but
then again I don't know all the reasons it works this way). anyway the
raw_input() request is not making it's way back to mrouted.

most likely I won't work on this again until monday and if someone digs around
in there before then, I would appreciate anything you learn.

--mark.