Date:      Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:12:39 -0800
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Josef El-Rayes <josef@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Marc Fonvieille <blackend@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: [headsup] update of publications page

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 08:21:27PM +0100, Josef El-Rayes wrote:
> Marc Fonvieille <blackend@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 06:07:20PM +0100, Josef El-Rayes wrote:
> > It's just the Books part, right? not the complete FreeBSD related
> > publications page?
>
> yes, i thought it does not really make sense to keep the cds
> and magazines, at least on the frontpage. if you think
> i should add bsd magazines then i will, although i am not
> aware of a pure bsd magazine (daemonnews seems to be dead,
> at least the printed version).

'BSD Magazine' and 'FreeBSD Press' seem to be the most successful
(Japanese).  They've been mentioned before in relation to this
reorganization.  There were others in the past and may still be others
in different languages, but those are the ones that frequently have
interviews with FreeBSD committers and relevant topical information
about FreeBSD.

      - Murray
There were others (Japanese) and maybe some in other countries as wel.