Date:      Tue, 08 Oct 1996 18:07:30 -0700
From:      Scot Bohnenstiehl <bohnenstiehl@earthlink.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Windows 95

I have DOS 6.0 and Windows 95 operating systems.  I use the Internet a lot and am interested in
getting FreeBSD for my Internet use.  I was wondering what advantages does FreeBSD have over
Windows 95 for the Internet and just general use?  Earthlink Network is my ISP and I use Netscape
Navigator 2.0 as my browser.  I already have e-mail, newsgroups, WWW, ftp, gopher, etc.  Also, if
I get FreeBSD will I be able to still use Windows 95 and DOS?  I was thinking about getting
FreeBSD from Walnut Creek because it seems they sell quality software.

Thanks in advance

P.S. I have heard of another Unix-based operating system called Linux.  Could you tell me about
this OS and compare/contrast it to FreeBSD?