Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:53:43 -0500
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make extract tries to gunzip files in DIST_SUBDIR

I must be missing something here as I try to plug through this.

I have the lines:

PORTNAME=       lf95
PORTVERSION=    6.1-1
CATEGORIES=     lang fortran linux
MASTER_SITES=   # fetch manually
DISTFILES=      README install LICENSE copy.tar  lf95-6.1-1.tgz \
                mpich.tar.gz
# ??? Should I include the entries in manuals?
DISTNAME=       lf95-6.1-1
EXTRACT_SUFX=

MAINTAINER=     dochawk@scualum.com
DIST_SUBDIR=    lf95

After a make makesum, make extract checks checksums,then tries to gzip
everything on DISTFILES list (huh?), and then bombs out because a file
already has a .tgz suffix:
ac13# make extract
===>  Extracting for lf95-6.1-1
>> Checksum OK for lf95/README.
>> Checksum OK for lf95/install.
>> Checksum OK for lf95/LICENSE.
>> Checksum OK for lf95/copy.tar.
>> Checksum OK for lf95/lf95-6.1-1.tgz.
>> Checksum OK for lf95/mpich.tar.gz.

gzip: /usr/ports/distfiles/lf95/lf95-6.1-1.tgz already has .tgz suffix -- unchanged
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/lf95.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/lf95.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/lf95.

I must be missing something prety obvious to fail this early :)

hawk

--
What part of "non-negotiable" didn't you understand? /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700           \ /   against HTML mail