Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 21:00:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/9608: Linux Communicator 4.5

The following reply was made to PR ports/9608; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To: Tom Hukins <tom@eborcom.com>
Cc: ports@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:53:57 +0000 (GMT)

 On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Tom Hukins wrote:

 >Indeed, we already have 9 Netscape ports in the tree. If there's a
 >good reason why this port should be separate, that's fine. If you do
 >upgrade linux-netscape4, feel free to change the maintainer (it's me
 >at present).

 Well, I was going to submit a followup but what do you know? Communicator
 core dumps when I click the Follow Up link.

 This is my first port ever and it is highly plagiarized. I was thrilled
 when it ran. I do not know how the ports folks want to proceed on this
 one. I can't really say whether this should be an upgrade or a seperate
 port.

 Perhaps we can add it as a seperate port for now. Maybe someone can figure
 out why it core dumps. Maybe someone would like to use this port as a
 model for a "just navigator" port.

 After (if ever) it washes out OK we can drop the linux-netscape4 port.

 If someone with knowledge and authority wants to make a decision with it
 as they please it is fine with me.

 Catchya Later,		|	Give me UNIX or give me a typewriter.
 Jason Wells		|	http://www.freebsd.org/