Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:10:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/44327: databases/posgtresql7 port doesn't automatically build

The following reply was made to PR ports/44327; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To: Novoselov Ilya <nullguid@chertenok.tgngu.tyumen.ru>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG, girgen@pingpong.net
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:03:13 -0300

 +----[ Esto dijo Novoselov Ilya (nullguid@chertenok.tgngu.tyumen.ru):

 | Firstly I manually ran /work/postgresql-7.2.3/src/backend/utils/Gen_fmgrtab.sh with default parameters, when ran make install from port directory again. After one more fault I went to work/postgresql-7.2.3 and ran gmake install. Port seems not to get registered, but working ok.
 | Sorry for my English.

 Don't worry about your english and thanks for your reply.
 Although I still don't manage to get it working I got a
 similar reply from Tom Lane, from the
 pgsql-ports@postgresql.org mailing list (I'm including his
 answer).

 Seems that the problem is with Gen_fmgrtab.sh as you said. I
 still don't know how to fix the port based on this evidence.

 Anyone? Perhaps Tom's observations give a clue to someone
 else - it does not for me :)

 Thanks,

 Fernan

 +----]

 --- BEGIN forwarded message ---

 Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar> writes:
 > cc -O -pipe  -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
 > -Wmissing-declarations -I../../../.=
 > ./src/include -I/usr/local/include  -c -o tuptoaster.o
 > tuptoaster.c=0D
 > tuptoaster.c: In function `toast_delete_datum':=0D
 > tuptoaster.c:914: `F_OIDEQ' undeclared (first use in this
 > function)=0D
 > tuptoaster.c:914: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
 > only once=0D
 > tuptoaster.c:914: for each function it appears in.)=0D
 > tuptoaster.c: In function `toast_fetch_datum':=0D
 > tuptoaster.c:997: `F_OIDEQ' undeclared (first use in this
 > function)=0D
 > gmake[5]: *** [tuptoaster.o] Error 1=0D

 This symptom usually means that the
 src/backend/utils/Gen_fmgrtab.sh script failed to build a
 valid fmgroids.h file. This part of your trace looks pretty
 suspicious:

 /usr/local/bin/gmake -C utils fmgroids.h
 gmake[4]: Entering directory `/usr/ports/databases/postgresql7/work/postgresql-7.2.3/src/backend/utils'
 CPP='cc -E' AWK='nawk' /bin/sh Gen_fmgrtab.sh ../../../src/include/catalog/pg_proc.h
 cc -E: not found
 gmake[4]: Leaving directory

 I think there's something wrong with your /bin/sh --- it
 looks to be trying to interpret the -E switch as part of the cc
 filename.  Anyone seen anything like that before?  Setting
 CPP to 'gcc -E' or 'cc -E' is the usual value, so it's not
 like this is untested ...

 			regards, tom lane

 --- END forwarded message ---

 --