Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:04:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        Cory <malaclypse@gamesluts.org>
Cc:        Brad Laue <brad@brad-x.com>, winter@jurai.net, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Latitude C810 (was Inspiron 8100 + nvidia GeForce2GO driver fails)

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Cory wrote:

:I didn't have that much luck with that particular driver...try the one from
:ftp://ftp.jurai.net/users/winter/nvidia/

Thanks for this pointer, I now have XFree86 4.1 running at 1600x1200@32bpp
on my Latitude C810.  I'm running 4.5-STABLE CVSup'd as of this morning,
and have two small problems, and wonder if others have seen them.

Moused doesn't work with X.  I set the protocol in XF86Config to PS/2, and
device to /dev/psm0, and things work fine, so long as moused isn't
running.  If I enable moused, and set the protocol to anything, and the
device to /dev/sysmouse, I get random pointer placement, with a tendency
towards +0+0.  This is annoying as I'd like to use the USB Logitech
Optical Wheel Mouse since it is a proper 3 button mouse, and I don't care
much for touchpads or tracksticks.  I would just set it to ums0, but I
don't always have the USB mouse available, so using the touchpad still
needs to be an option.  This worked with 4.3-R on a C800 running XF86
4.0.3.

The other fun bit is when I exit X, the screen just locks.  Takes the
keyboard and mouse with it, and unless I already have a remote session
started, it stays that way until it panics and reboots.  If I have a
remote session running I can reboot from the command line okay.

These are minor and liveable, I'm just curious if anyone else has seen
these same issues, or if it's just me.

Oh, and winter, thanks bunches for the kernel module and shim.  Mostly
working still beats the hell out of nothing at all.

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"