Date:      Mon, 5 May 2003 15:52:39 +0200
From:      "John Meyer" <jmeyer@netroach.com>
To:        <freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re:  FreeBSD 4.2 ipfw natd -- Port Forwarding?

Hi

Thanks to whomever helps me.

I have Bsd 4.8 with nat and ipfw compiled.
My ipfw script contains one comment near the end
add 10000 allow tcp from any to 192.168.0.249 setup

and my natd.conf has a statement
redirect_address 192.168.0.249 196.xx.xxx.xxx

The problem is I cannot seem to get what is blocking the connection.

if I do ipfw show while I browse to the ip with explorer nothing seems =
to get to it.
(Looks like rule 00600 add divert natd ip from any to any via fxp0 =
blocks it)

I have found so many ways to do it on the internet that I myself is no =
getting confused.

For www redirection what should be the best and easiest way.

Thankx
John Meyer