Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 2004 18:19:00 -0600
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at>
Cc:        sebastian ssmoller <sebastian.ssmoller@gmx.net>
Subject:   Re: stripe and mirror on the same disks

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 11:31:16PM +0100 I heard the voice of
Lukas Ertl, and lo! it spake thus:
> On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, sebastian ssmoller wrote:
>
> > how does geom_vinum fit into this situation ?
>
> I plan to have geom_vinum as a true drop-in replacement, so any
> combination of current vinum volumes should be supported, too.

OK, this has been on my mind for a bit here; how drop-in is drop-in?
If I setup a box with Vinum now, will those filesystems be able to
just slide into being geom_vinum'd later on, or will it have to be
moved off elsewhere and the filesystem remade?

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@over-yonder.net