Date:      Tue, 16 Aug 2005 19:30:21 GMT
From:      James Risner <risner@stdio.com>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/84937: 4.11 & hylafax port doesn't work

The following reply was made to PR ports/84937; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: James Risner <risner@stdio.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:29:48 -0400

 This problem may have been related to leftover files from the
 previous 4.x system before the upgrade.

 On some other 4.11 machines, I was able to make install hylafax without error.

 So, I went looking for the problem.  The error was that it bailed
 on a line in "rules" that used gmake syntax.

 I had installed it by adding the makefiles I put in the pr report.
 Once I deleted all extra files on the system not part of a port
 (with this command and a manual inspect of each:
 find /usr/local /usr/X11R6 -type f -print0 | xargs -0 pkg_which -v | fgrep '?' )
 and reinstalled every port (portupgrade -a -f), hylafax will now reinstall
 properly.

 I do not know what caused the failure, but removing old ports
 (pkg_delete automake, autoconf, libtool other than the latest)
 and removing old crud in /usr/local made the port work again.

 Risner