Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 2002 09:10:28 -0500
From:      Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
To:        Chris Byrnes <chris@JEAH.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: script to check for updates

++ 03/03/02 07:43 -0600 - Chris Byrnes:
| does anyone have a script they use to check the version of a port/pkg
| installed vs what is the latest version in ports?  (so you dont have to go
| through every package you have installed and see if there is an updated
| version)

You could use:

pkg_version -vl'<'

... and the tools included in sysutils/portupgrade to actually do the
upgrade.  Portupgrade is a great tool, and incredibly painless to use.
(I just type "portupgrade -a" once every few days to keep all my
installed packages up to date.)

--pete

--
Pete Fritchman [petef@(databits.net|freebsd.org|csh.rit.edu)]