Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 1996 04:59:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        handy@sag.space.lockheed.com (Brian N. Handy)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: baudrate on serial port?

> I'm lost.  I've finally got a PC at home and I'm trying to talk to my
> modem with it via FreeBSD.  Sooooo...the baud rate on /dev/cuaa1 seems to
> be locked in solid at 9600...

Check out "man 4 sio" and look at the paragraph discussing the initial
state device.  Also look at /etc/rc.serial for some examples and a place
to hang any initialization commands.  The serial line is reset to the
state of the initialization device when initially opened.

--
Peter Dufault               Real-Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936