Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2012 11:27:12 -0700
From:      Deb Goodkin <deb@freebsdfoundation.org>
To:        freebsd-announce@freebsd.org
Subject:   [FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD Foundation's Year-End Fundraising Campaign

Dear FreeBSD Community,

Your donations have helped make FreeBSD the best OS available! By =
investing in The FreeBSD Foundation you have helped us keep FreeBSD a =
high-performance, secure, and stable operating system.

Thanks to people like you, the FreeBSD Foundation has been proudly =
supporting the FreeBSD Project and community for 12 years now. We are =
incredibly grateful for all the support we receive from you and so many =
individuals and organizations that value FreeBSD. As of this writing we =
have raised $250,000 towards our goal of raising $500,000. Would you =
consider making a gift to support our work in 2013?

Donations can easily be made here: =
http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donate/.

This year your donations helped FreeBSD by:

o   Funding development projects to improve FreeBSD, including: Capsicum =
Application Sandboxing, Growing UFS Filesystems Online, the NAND Flash =
File System, IPv6 Performance Analysis and Improvements, Distributed =
Security Audit Logging, and porting FreeBSD to the Efika ARM platform.

o   Educating the public and promoting FreeBSD. We produced a =
high-quality FreeBSD 9 brochure and visited companies to help facilitate =
collaboration efforts with the Project.

o   Sponsoring BSD conferences and summits in Europe, Japan, Canada, and =
the US.

o   Protecting FreeBSD IP and providing legal support to the Project.

o   Purchasing hardware to build and improve FreeBSD project =
infrastructure.

The FreeBSD Foundation is well known for its successful development =
projects.  Our 2013 plans are even more ambitious and we have recently =
hired two full-time technical staff members to help achieve these goals.

But are you aware of the tangible benefits derived from our support of =
the FreeBSD community?  The words from one of our travel grant =
recipients, Alberto Mijares, help tell that story:

=93Attending EuroBSDCon motivated me so much that I organized a meeting =
with my peers just to share my experiences.  I gave a talk about IPv6 =
and FreeBSD at a local student event. I also want to take the BSD =
certification exam at BSDCan and I=92m planning a big BSD event in my =
country in 2013 or early 2014.=94

Alberto also recently submitted a PR with a new port for the Ports =
Collection and he=92s joining the effort to translate the updated =
FreeBSD handbook into Spanish. He also wants to become a BSD =
Certification exam facilitator.

And there are so many others we support who are a part of the FreeBSD =
movement! Stay tuned as we begin our Faces of FreeBSD Campaign. Starting =
this month we will be spotlighting different people on our website and =
FaceBook page who have received funding to work on development projects, =
run conferences, travel to conferences, and advocate for FreeBSD. The =
numbers are growing thanks to your support!

Donate today to help us continue and increase our support of the FreeBSD =
Project and community worldwide! Making a donation is quick and easy. To =
make a donation go to: http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donate/.

Thank you for your support!

Sincerely,

=20