Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 13:38:53 -0800
From:      "Derek Jewett" <djewett@snowcrest.net>
To:        "Mike Thompson" <miket@dnai.com>, "Craig Metz" <cmetz@inner.net>
Cc:        "Mike Tancsa" <mike@sentex.net>, <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as a router

If it's consilation we are building a pretty unique solution with a FreeBSD
3.x box using multi port cards.. We are using ETC's ET/5025pq-4-25 card
(4-port v.35 cards), along with 4-port Ethernet NIC (adaptec Quartet64) to
create a multi port router/firewall/switch/thingamajig.. We stole the idea
from Nokia's IP440 switch concept. Just we don't use Firewall-1, we use FBSD
native utilities...

For info on the Cards;

ETC - www.etinc.com/et5025pq.htm

Quartet64 - www.adaptec.com  and search for Quartet64

the 4-port NIC is about $540 and the 4-port v.35 T1 card is about $1600 with
cables