Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 2002 00:14:41 -0500
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   wi0 problems under latest STABLE

I've just updated a my 4.5-STABLE laptop to the latest RELENG_4.  It
contains a Lucent Orinoco card which turns up as wi0.  It was working with
a STABLE dated Jan 28 2002.  With the build from this evening's cvsup, I'm
getting time outs on wi0.

This is the  /etc/pccard.conf which I was using:

[dan@laptop:~] $ less /etc/pccard.conf
# Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE
card "Lucent Technologies" "WaveLAN/IEEE"
        config  0x1 "wi" ?
        insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device start
        remove  /etc/pccard_ether $device stop

        insert  wicontrol -i $device -p 3
        insert  wicontrol -i $device -k "4gRp1"

What did I miss?

Under the latest build, I get this:

   laptop /kernel: wi0: timeout in wi_cmd 11; event status 8000

If it's any help:

wi0: <WaveLAN/IEEE 802.11> at port 0x240-0x27f irq 3 slot 0 on pccard0
wi0: 802.11 address: 00:02:2d:0e:66:bd
wi0: using Lucent chip or unknown chip

It doesn't seem to be affecting the traffic, it's just a repeating
message.  If I don't use the above pccard.conf, the card doesn't seem to
work very well at all.
--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://freebsddiary.org/ - practical examples