Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:50:39 -0400
From:      Keith Pitcher <kpitcher@locallink.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Modems

> other OS besides Windows). Last I looked, the Creative ModemBlaster was
> fine. The safest bet though is to get an external modem.

I'd skip the modemblaster. I tried for awhile to get a 56K isa modemblaster
working and failed. I had asked on the lists for any suggestions, all I got
were many emails asking if I'd succeeded - not a success story among them.

I did a search on buy.com, found a lucent 56k modem that works fine. It was
even advertised as working with Linux (Not FreeBSD however, how sad)