Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:36:18 +0800
From:      Khairil Yusof <kaeru@pd.jaring.my>
To:        Hye-Shik Chang <perky@i18n.org>
Cc:        python@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Zope 2.6.4 vs 2.7

--=-YxwHhdaHHSxTFdHftWK9

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 07:07 +0900, Hye-Shik Chang wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 03:58:36PM -0500, Tim Middleton wrote:
> > Personally, I'd like to forget anything before 2.7 existed as quickly a=
s=20
> > possible. (-: And I see Zope.org just offers 2.7 for download by defaul=
t now=20
> > on the download page.=20

I'm putting my vote down for Zope 2.7 only also. Most Plone/CMF products
now recommend Zope 2.7 vs 2.6.2.

> Also I'm very curious about that Zope 2.7 is ready for Python 2.3
> or 2.2 even. ;-)

Zope 2.7 uses Python 2.3. This alone makes it worth the upgrade, and not
having to deal with multiple versions of py-ports (and saves me making
new slave ports just to have py21 support for some CMF products).

We will also need a new ZOPEINSTANCE variable, to point to where our
products will be installed. The discussions before, all dealt with how
to handle multiple instances of ports. Right now, the ports structure
can't handle it, and I think we follow www ports to be able to specify
non-default ZOPEINSTANCE, but not support multiple instances just yet to
get the ports going.=20

Gerhard Schmidt's (estartu@augusta.de) already posted an older zope 2.7b
port.

--
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it
means."

FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT i386
7:13am  up 4 days, 20:15, 5 users, load averages: 0.14, 0.22, 0.22

--=-YxwHhdaHHSxTFdHftWK9

--=-YxwHhdaHHSxTFdHftWK9--