Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 1997 09:47:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "User Rdkeys Robert D. Keys" <rdkeys@seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is the May 19 FreeBSD Handbook being updated?

On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, User Rdkeys Robert D. Keys wrote:

> Kudos are in order to the FreeBSD crewe!  I just did a net install via
> ftp in about 15 minutes, and it worked first time, no glitches from the
> latest BETA 2.2.5 tree.   Very nice!  A make world did out of the box,
> on my lowendian 486/33 with 8 megs ram (although it took 24 hours to run).
> I am truely amazed at how well FreeBSD goes relative to my other unices
> (AIX, Coherent, Linux, Minix, among others).  FreeBSD is such a joy.....

cool :-)

> Question..... is there a more recent version of the Handbook that will
> be coming out with the 2.2.5 Release?  If so, where can it be found?

The most recent version, which is updated daily, can be found at
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/.

> Thanks, and KUDOS to the FreeBSD crewe, for a job well done!
>
> Bob Keys
> rdkeys@seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu..... eagerly awaiting 2.2.5-RELEASE.....

Me too; I'm still stuck at a pre-2.2.0 GAMMA and 2.2.5 is looking really
nice.  I stuck a beta on a laptop and besides some outdated PAO patches it
worked like a charm, even sysinstall was happy for once :-)