Date:      Sat, 06 Mar 2004 09:13:58 -0500
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Umar Draz <konn_@msn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-config@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Please Give me Right Answer

Umar Draz wrote:
>    this is my 4th question about ipfw2 and i can't get a proper answer of
>    my question.

You're asking on the wrong lists; try freebsd-questions or freebsd-ipfw lists
instead.

>    now my question is. If i want block my cable internet user in my
>    FreeBSD 4.9 machine thorugh ipfw2. then what kind of command i should
>    add in my /etc/ipfw.rules
>
>    for excample i want block this ip 192.168.0.33 and this ip has this
>    mac address 00-40-50-EA-CD-00.

Try one or both of the following to block outbound requests:

ipfw add deny ip from 192.168.0.33 to any
ipfw add deny ip from any to any mac any 00:40:50:EA:CD:00

In conjunction with a reasonable ruleset which denies inappropriate inbound
connections to your network, this should address your question.

--
-Chuck