Date:      Mon, 09 Jan 2006 11:35:17 +0100
From:      Damien Touraine <webmyster.mail-list@laposte.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Network card disappeared ...

Hello,

I am trying to install FreeBSD 6.0 on my laptop (same symptoms with
FreeBSD 5.4).

It boot, but the network card (a realtek 8139) disappeared from my
laptop. Actually, linux can see it (through cat /proc/pci), but freebsd
cannot see it (it does not appear in the result of pciconf -lv).

I hope it is not a problem of "plug and play OS" BIOS option, as my
computer does not have such parameter, and i have no BIOS update to
correct this ...

Could you please help me ?

Damien Touraine