Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2012 11:34:32 +0100
From:      Ralf Wenk <iz-rpi03@hs-karlsruhe.de>
To:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Raspberry PI with 512 MB does not boot FreeBSD?

Hi,

this is just an informational update.

Discovering Tim Kientzles "FreeBSD on RaspberryPi" mail on the freebsd-hackers
list and using the image referred there, I got the first successful booting
FreeBSD on my PI (using serial console).

With his image building scripts provided at
https://github.com/kientzle/freebsd-beaglebone I was able to boot my first
crosscompiled image yesterday evening.
Base system is a 9.1-PRERELASE with CURRENT checked out separately.

The making of u-boot-rpi required the GNU sed to succeed. helper.mk contains
the problem. Unfortunately the resulting u-boot.bin loops during boot.
At the moment I am using the u-boot.bin from Tims image.

Best regards
  Ralf