Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 11:54:39 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@it.hq.nasa.gov>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2.5 mrouted? ddp_route: still have no valid route

Just cvsupped and made world on 2_2_releng, generating a kernel which
says 2.2.5-STABLE. At boot, just after starting mrouted, it starts
reporting

	ddp_route: still have no valid route

sporadically, one ever 5-60 seconds or so. These are kernel messages
logged to the console.

After boot, I killed mrouted to see if this was in fact the cause; the
messages went away. Starting it again gets the messages so it looks
like it's definitely caused by mrouted.

An mrinfo shows the tunnel to my border feed is up.  Running a client
on the LAN (Places all over the world) gets me no data feed and seems
to cause much more frequent ddp_route complaints (FBSD syslog says
"last message repeated 84 times"), but after several minutes I start
getting client data. So I guess it's working, but I'm not comforted by
the console debris.