Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 2003 14:53:39 +0100
From:      Janine C.Buorditez <johann@broadpark.no>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Goofy BIND8 and domain registrant

Hi.

My DNS server is secondary DNS to probsd.net (209.98.239.41) and vice versa.
My ns2 is no longer skylab.no (217.8.139.93), but the GTLD servers doesn't seem
to understand that. I recently re-registered the ns2 at my domain name registrant
(www.godaddy.com), and since you couldn't insert an IP anywhere I replaced
ns2.terrabionic.com with some temporary host and inserted it back once the update
had been made to ensure that it got angstlos.probsd.net's IP.

After analyzing my setup at:

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=terrabionic.com

it was obvious that 217.8.139.93 was still glued to the GTLD servers even though
dig told me otherwise.

Also, relay access for postmaster and abuse@terrabionic.com seems to be denied.
I just issued a newaliases with a working /etc/aliases file, but to no good.

All my setup is available through http://www.terrabionic.com/namedb
Though I can't see anything wrong, perhaps you can.

Thanks.

--johann