Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 1996 10:03:06 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        cmiller@canoga.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.3 BSD

>      Hello;
>
>      I am new to the free BSD world. We have an embedded product that is
>      based off of 4.3 BSD. It turns out the 4.4 BSD structures are
>      different then the 4.3 BSD. Does anyone know where I could pick up the
>      4.3 BSD?

You might want to seek for FreeBSD-1.1.5.1R somewhere or buy the CD
from Walnut Creek (if it's still on stock). But should you sincerely
think about installing it don't expect that version to run
on too modern hardware. Be conservative, choose all SCSI devices,
an AH15xx controller, no Pentium, no ATAPI CDROM.

Once you have ported it to that platform, think of moving it to 4.4BSD
Or better, be keen and bold and fearless and do the 4.4 port
right away.

In what area are the problems located?