Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2001 04:05:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      sehh <sehh@altered.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kern/31659: USB controller driver will die after some hours/heavy load.

>Number:         31659
>Category:       kern
>Synopsis:       USB controller driver will die after some hours/heavy load.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
The USB kernel driver will die. It happens after
about 20 or so hours, of full processing.

I'm using an Alcatel SpeedTouch ADSL USB modem,
and after 20 hours of been connected and using
full bandwidth, the kernel will report:

/kernel: usb0: host controller process error
/kernel: usb0: host controller halted

The last message is repeated forever on the console.

Machine info:
IBM ThinkPad 600E
366mhz 64meg ram 10gig hd.

>How-To-Repeat:
Not very easy to repeat, you need to have some
high speed USB device (ADSL style) and to have
it working for 20 or so hours.