Date:      Mon, 14 Sep 1998 21:29:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andriss <andriss@argate.com>
To:        Willow <willow@tds.edu>
Cc:        HonMrBob@aol.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with ATAPI CD-ROM

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, Willow wrote:

>We found a few ATAPI drives that would not work with FreeBSD (2.2.6-2.2.7)
>The Acer drives gave us a problem as did the NEC 4-by-8X drives, but other
>than that all the others we tried work fine.

I installed FreeBSD 2.2.7-release (CD set) using an... Acer ATAPI CD-ROM.
It is an Acer 32X IDE/ATAPI Drive set as slave on primary IDE controller.

Seems to work fine as far as data goes and plays Audio CD's when I press
the "Play" button on the CD-ROM itself, but, surprisingly, I can't
get any "software" CD players to work with it.

Not a biggie since I can just press that button, but still...

Does anyone have any information, or suggestions?

Andriss