Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 2000 00:19:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers List <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   disassembling

Is there any tools whatever (free or commercial) that does disassembly on
FreeBSD obj's AND will show you the C line and the code that the C line
caused to be assembled?

I mean, if the obj was compiled -g so that the C source file line info is
in the obj file, I want to see commented out C source code in the
disassembly listing.

Is this done somewhere, somehow?  Note I'm asking about FreeBSD, not
Windows, all those who want to point out Windows stuff that does that,
please forbear.

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.mat.net  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.