Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2001 00:39:23 -0500
From:      Jim Bryant <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>
To:        kbstew99@hotmail.com
Cc:        Dan <dphoenix@bravenet.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: power supplies

Kent Stewart wrote:

> There are problems with PSes when you use NICs with wake up
> capability. The NIC may exceed the capability of one of your low
> amperage voltages.
>
> Kent

How much current can wake-on-LAN take?  I wouldn't think it would be enough to overload a power supply unless it overloaded the -12V
line which is usually only rated in the mils.  What is the average 12V rating?  5-8 amps?  and even more for 5V?  I forget what the
average -5V line is rated.

jim
--
          ET has one helluva sense of humor!
     He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!