Date:      Tue, 3 Sep 2002 10:23:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        ticso@cicely.de, Alexander Kabaev <ak03@gte.com>, ticso@cicely5.cicely.de, des@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: alpha tinderbox failure - kernel is broken.

:
:Yes, imgact_elf.c rev 1.121 is the culprit.  Reverting that change solves
:the problem.
:
:It should probably be backed out and un-MFC'ed.  *definately* un-MFC'ed.
:
:Cheers,
:-Peter
:--
:Peter Wemm - peter@wemm.org; peter@FreeBSD.org; peter@yahoo-inc.com
:"All of this is for nothing if we don't go to the stars" - JMS/B5

    I have an alpha, let me try to reproduce this (it may take a while).

    The datasize limit is fairly straight forward, either the failure
    is for real or there is an accounting problem somewhere.

    What happens if you replace this check in imgact_elf.c with a
    printf of the conditional clauses instead of generating a failure?

+                       if (data_size >
+                           imgp->proc->p_rlimit[RLIMIT_DATA].rlim_cur ||
+                           text_size > maxtsiz ||
+                           data_size + text_size >
+                           imgp->proc->p_rlimit[RLIMIT_VMEM].rlim_cur) {
+                               error = ENOMEM;
+                               goto fail;

   Does that unbreak it?  That would tell us which clause is causing
   the failure.  You can probably do this faster then I can build
   a new world and kernel for my alpha.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>