Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 1997 02:56:27 +0300
From:      Ville Eerola <ville@vlsi.fi>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 21" Monitor recommendations?

Nate Williams writes:
> Does anyone have any recommendations for a *real* 21" monitor that will
> handle 1600x1200@72Hz, with a decent dot-pitch?  My current monitor will
> handle 1600@1200@76Hz, and has a .25 dot-pitch, and I'd like something
> that is comparable.  I'd like to spend under $2K/monitor if possible.

We use Hitachi CM-21xx monitors at work. The current model number
seems to be CM-2112M. They are quite good performers, the picture
quality is good, and the prices at least here in Finland are
reasonable. They are definitely bigger in size than some of the 20"
monitors. The dot pitch is 0.26mm. The max resolution rating for given
in the WWW-site of a local supplier seems to be 1800x1440@73Hz, and
the recommended one is 1600x1200@88Hz!

Regards, Ville

--