Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 1995 22:40:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen <osyjm@cdsnet.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@cs.weber.edu>
Cc:        "Andreas S. Wetzel" <root@deadline.snafu.de>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Q: Does anyone know about implementing LAT support?

On Wed, 19 Apr 1995, Terry Lambert wrote:

> I believe the DECServers, if downloaded by a VAX, will also support
> non-LAT CTERM protocol connections -- CTERM is much easier to implement,
> and you can buy the documentation for it and the underlying protocols
> for about $180.00 for all the books you would need.

This is incorrect.  If you have a DEC server 200, you are stuck with LAT
only.  If you have 700's, or 900TM's, you can get LAT, SLIp, PPP, and
a couple others, but no DECnet.

> I don't think anyone is planning on reverse engineering LAT and then
> releasing it publically any time soon; DECNet would be a nice thing
> for BSD to have, though...

I think Matt Thomas one time rambled about maybe doing this.  I have
no idea how complex it would be.  Implementing, and actually having
to use NCP gives me the cold sweats