Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2012 12:57:57 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HAVE_GNOME vs. bsd.ports.options.mk

--11Y7aswkeuHtSBEs

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:33:22PM +0200, Michael Gmelin wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 12:25:27 +0200
> Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>=20
> > On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:18:50PM +0200, Michael Gmelin wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >=20
> > > I noticed that HAVE_GNOME doesn't work properly with
> > > bsd.ports.options.mk yet, so
> > >=20
> > > .include <bsd.port.options.mk>
> > > .if ${HAVE_GNOME:Mgnomelibs}!=3D""
> > > # ...
> > > .endif
> > > .include <bsd.port.mk>
> > >=20
> > > won't work, while this
> > >=20
> > > .include <bsd.port.pre.mk>
> > > .if ${HAVE_GNOME:Mgnomelibs}!=3D""
> > > # ...
> > > .endif
> > > .include <bsd.port.post.mk>
> > >=20
> > > does.
> > >=20
> > > AFAIK bsd.port.pre.mk/bsd.port.post.mk should be replaced by
> > > bsd.port.options.mk/bsd.port.mk in the long term, so having this
> > > work or documenting a workaround would help port maintainers who are
> > > in the process of updating the port structure.
> > >=20
> > > Michael
> > >=20
> > > --=20
> > > Michael Gmelin
> >=20
> > Which ports are you speaking about? given that HAVE_GNOME:#gnomelibs
> > is refering to gnome 1.4 I think this part can safely be dropped out.
> >=20
> > regards,
> > Bapt
>=20
> I'm talking about the feature in general, it also applies to
> HAVE_GNOME:Mesound, HAVE_GNOME:Mpygnomeextras etc.
>=20
> I stumbled over this while converting polish/gnugadu2 to OptionsNG
> (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D172427).
>=20
> Michael
>=20
> --=20
> Michael Gmelin

imho HAVE_GNOME should die, as autodectection of what you have does not fit=
 at
all with package building. Thing shouldn't been added magically because the=
y are
on your system but only on explicit demand of the maintainer/user.

That said I'll have a look at the PR.

regards,
Bapt

--11Y7aswkeuHtSBEs