Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 97 8:22:08 CST
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@solaria.sol.net>
To:        security@freebsd.org, core@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question: 2.1.7?

With the recent exploits for things such as talkd, sendmail, and the
wonderful freakin' locale processing problem I see on bugtraq, would
it be wise to consider a 2.1 point release that addressed these issues?

If not, maybe a "patchkit" that could be installed (source or binary,
whatever) could be done.  But I think a "2.1.7" type release would be
most ideal...

I would be happy to work on some of this, as I have already done the
work for some of the problems.

Note I am not on security or core so please cc: any interesting

... Joe