Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 15:09:04 -0800
From:      "Chris Carey" <chris@ttech.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Gateway

Im trying to set up a freebsd 2.2.8 system with 2 cards. One internal, one
on the outside 'NET'

I want the machine to act as a gateway to the internet for our internal
network. I will worry about packet filtering at another time.

The machine can ping and communicate on both networks fine.

In rc.conf I have set the machine gateway="YES" and also enabled routed. If
I set up a win95 client gateway to point to the internal card on the server,
the server will not route packets from the internal network to the internet.
If I do a netstat -rn , the default is pointing at our cisco router IP..
still no luck

thanks for any info!

chris carey