Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:13:12 -0400
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -current build from today dying in `less`

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 06:14:30PM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 10:34:03AM -0400, Ken Smith wrote:
> > I haven't seen that one at all.  There were a few bumps in the road
> > through the past few days as people were doing their usual last
> > minute before code freeze commit flurries... :-)
> >
> > We're in code freeze now and a test run on sparc64 updated last night
> > ran for me with no problems.  Give updating one more try, if it still
> > doesn't work let us know.
>
> I re-cvsup'd after seeing your e-mail (about 10am -0600) and ran into
> the same thing (though it took until now to confirm it, as you can see):
>
> cc -O -pipe  -I/usr/src/usr.bin/less/../less -I/usr/src/usr.bin/less/../../contrib/less   -o less main.o screen.o brac.o ch.o charset.o cmdbuf.o command.o decode.o edit.o filename.o forwback.o help.o ifile.o input.o jump.o line.o linenum.o lsystem.o mark.o optfunc.o option.o opttbl.o os.o output.o position.o prompt.o search.o signal.o tags.o ttyin.o version.o -ltermcap
> screen.o(.text+0xe0): In function `raw_mode':
> : undefined reference to `tty'

I'm at a loss - I've done three machines today with no similar problems.
Can you check /etc/make.conf to see if anything odd has snuck in there?
I have also seen builds freak out if your system time is too far away
from reality but most people have that problem while making the jump
over the time_t transition and you said you're past that.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu