Date:      Fri, 9 Oct 1998 13:22:53 +0200
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   MAC masquerading

[Can't find original message: the post I had forwarded from Bugtraq
which contained a patch for linux-2.0.35 to do MAC masquerading]

As Luigi mentioned, it was a performance killer, since it involved
putting the card in promiscuous mode to snarf all the frames you'd
"aliased" you NIC to grab.

Someone answered on Bugtraq: