Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 08:37:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Carlos Carnero <zopewiz@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   One gateway, two independent networks

Hello,

I have been commisioned by my employer to rebuild out
company network--a small ~500 Windows stations, each
with Internet access. The problem is that my new
proposal is so different that there's no way to
easily/painlessly put the machines on the new network.

So, we have decided to slowly migrate all the
subdomains to the new and incompatible net
architecture, one by one. My FreeBSD gateway to the
internet is connected to a Cisco router and an
Ethernet card to the inside. My question is this:

Can I throw a couple more NICs to that box and build
another independent "channel", or do I have to place
another box?

Thanks for yer time,
Carlos.