Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:23:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cu as serial console

I have serial console support set up on one of my boxes (3.1-STABLE)
and want to access that serial console by null modem cable between
that box and another FreeBSD box.  I decided to use "cu -l /dev/cuaa0"
for this, which usually works fine except when it receives hangup
signals from the box with the serial console.  I can, of course,
restart cu at that time and everything's fine.  It's not such a
big deal that it happens in-between login sessions but for some
reason it also happens in the middle of the kernel loading, which
disrupts what I have the serial console in place for in the first
place.

Is there any way to get cu to ignore the hangup signals, or should
I just hook up my old 286 PC as a dumb terminal again?  Should I
use something else instead?

Thanks!

Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
Owner/Administrator, zigg.com