Date:      Tue, 28 Dec 1999 01:53:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Nowlin <mike@argos.org>
To:        Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Road Runer cable modem network, and FreeBSD

> > 	1. They _require_ DHCP.
> > 	2. They require some sort of "login" after establishing the network
> > 	   layer connection.

In the Akron, OH area, this is true...  Depending on what RR area you're
in, they use different equipment and have different requirements.  In
Akron, they (finally) dropped the login program requirement, and strictly
use DHCP for everything - no big problem on FBSD.  If you're on the same
type of net as I am/was, I have a login program that works for this area
-- same setup as Hawaii and a few other Road Runner areas -- you're
welcome to a copy of it.

mike