Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:15:48 -0400
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        Eicke Felipe <eick.jac@terra.com.br>, freebsd-net <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Routed Log

> > I do not permit any ICMP packages...
> > What could I do to solve this?Permit ICMP 520?

Sigh, and this is why Path MTU discovery is broken on the Internet.  You
know, that ICMP stuff actually gets used for useful purposes.  Just
blocking it completely has implications that you should think about;
ICMP is not entirely optional despite the appearance otherwise.

E.g., don't wonder why you have problems using PPPoE and other network
media with MTUs smaller than 1500 bytes along the path..

Louis Mamakos