Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 1997 16:03:34 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-connect.net>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: P6DNH Question

Hi,

> > in your smptests.h file:
> >  comment out:
> >   NEW_STRATEGY
> >   APIC_PIN0_TIMER
> >   TEST_ALTTIMER
> >   TIMER_ALL
> >
> > then go to the i386/conf dir and restore the "options SMP_TIMER_NC".
> > run config, go to the build dir, make depend && make && make install.
> > let me know if this works (or not).
>
> Not :-(
>
> Same symptoms;  stuck in default_halt just before execing init.

I'm going to need detailed info to be able to be of help.  The ideal
situation is to setup your box to use a serial console, and use an
xterm on another machine to connect to the target box.  Then you can capture
the complete output thru the point of failure.  See the freebsd handbook
for details.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by