Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 1997 10:13:56 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@blueberry.co.uk>
To:        "\"\"A. Joseph Koshy\"\"" <koshy@india.hp.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   "make world" and re-making the kernel

Hi

[Talking about http://www-local/technical/freebsd/upgrading-from-src.html]

On Thu, Jun 26, 1997 at 01:08:20PM +0530, ""A. Joseph Koshy"" wrote:
> I noticed that there was already a section "9" on compiling the kernel in
> the tutorial.
>
> Basically I wanted to say that its recommended to rebuild/install the new
> kernel before doing the reboot step in "8".

Is it? I was under the impression that it's better off to reboot the
system, so that all your 'make world' changes have definitely taken effect,
and then re-build the kernel.

Copied to -questions for informed comment.

--+=[ Blueberry Hill                  Blueberry New Media                ]=+--
--+=[ http://www.blueberry.co.uk/     1/9 Chelsea Harbour Design Centre, ]=+--
--+=[ WebMaster@blueberry.co.uk       London, England, SW10 0XE          ]=+--
--+=[      Contributing to the heat death of the Universe since 1973     ]=+--