Date:      Thu, 2 Oct 1997 11:34:34 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        User Al Johnson <Al.Johnson@AJC.State.Net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CVSUP without X installed

On Wed, Oct 01, 1997 at 06:52:29PM -0500, User Al Johnson wrote:
> Does anyone know if it's possible to use CVSUP 1.5 without X.
> Every time I fire it up it complains about libXaw.lo.6.1 or
> something close to that.

I don't think you'll get it to run without the X libraries being
present, since that's the way it's linked.  On the other hand, you can
definitely *run* it without connecting to an X server.  I do that all
the time.  If it bugs you, you might like to hack the code so that you
can build it without X support.

> I don't want to have to install X just to use CVSUP.

No, that's not a good reason to install X.  There are many others.
Why don't you want to use it?

Greg