Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 23:37:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas Valentino Crimi <tcrimi+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Projects to improve security (related to C)

  Checking the FreeBSD site, ther is already a published list of
"Programer Do's and Don'ts"  at
http://www.freebsd.org/security/programmers.html
this includes a list of extra things to look for when auditing code.  I
think I'm going to begin taking people up on this beginning with the
smaller utilties (which may turn up little or nothing) and moving on up.
 Ports seem to be the bigger culprits.. and FreeBSD being able to claim
more secure versions than even the standard distribs can only give up
extra points.

   If this takes off Freebsd-audit would be an excellent idea.  At the
moment, who would be the 'more experienced' people to talk to if I were
to find something in need of a patch.  I have a good understanding of
the issues involved but this would be my first venture in touching
FreeBSD proper so I of course want some watchful eye over me. ;)  Is
send-pr enough to bring it to attention?