Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:20:59 -0700
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        "Moore, Robert" <robert.moore@intel.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trouble overriding DSDT

Moore, Robert wrote:
>>Oh, sorry.  Yes, acpidump(8) will always pull the underlying "real"
>>table from memory.
>

> If acpidump is dumping the "real" tables, why does the DSDT get combined
> with the SSDT?

Our acpidump dumps all tables that contain AML (DSDT, SSDT) at once.
The user load of "which table do I dump?" would otherwise be too great
when trying to get debugging info from them.  It's hard enough as it is
to get both -t and -d output (fixed tables + AML).  I'm thinking about
making -t automatic when -d is specified.

--
Nate