Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 1996 10:43:03 -0500
From:      Jerry Kendall <jerry@border.com>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: xforms maintenance tools

On Tue, 27 Feb 1996, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> It seems that Jerry Kendall said:
> > Now I am using the xforms library and the fdesign gui builder... It looks
> > great and works very well. Have decided to write some other utilities
>
> Erm, do you really must use xforms ? Some of the things I  saw made with it
> were awful, especially menus... (tried XFmail).  The  interest of dialog is
> that it runs on  the console _and_ under  X11 (well in an  xterm but it  is
> better than only X11).
>
> --

I am NOT trying to force every FreeBSD system to run X. I just saw a need
for some tools to allow 'easy' configuration of new disks...

Dialog is just NOT capable of doing what I need to do.. It has VERY
SERIUOS limitations...

Sorry.. It is going to be done in X(It's almost done now).

Any comments or opinions in this message are my own and may or may not reflect
the comments or opinions of my present or previous employers.

                    Jerry Kendall      Border Network Technologies Inc.
         System Software Engineer      Tel +1-416-368-7157 ext 303
                 jerry@border.com      Fax +1-416-368-7178