Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 1998 03:29:58 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux to be deployed in Mexican schools; Where was FreeBSD?

> Hmmm.... If your horse produces exhaust, it probably needs tuning. ;-)

All horses produce exhaust.

> This is good to know! I hadn't seen any such information before.

I've been announcing it after almost every major release for the last
3 years.  It has never been a secret and, judging by the thousands of
CDs sent out by request, a fairly well-known fact.

> I still think that's so. When you give away freebies, you always want
> to put your best foot forward! If you hand someone something as a sample

All releases have bugs.  If I waited for a completely bug free FreeBSD
before sending out a single promotional copy, you'd be whining even
louder than you do now.

- Jordan