Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2012 11:28:02 +0200
From:      David Naylor <naylor.b.david@gmail.com>
To:        Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wine-fbsd64 updated to 1.5.13 (32bit Wine for 64bit FreeBSD)

--nextPart1656150.2FL8gNmzta

On Tuesday, 25 September 2012 21:59:35 Yuri wrote:
> I experience this strange problem (1.5.13 is the only version I tried).
>=20
> I am trying to install python 2.6 using msi installer:
> wine msiexec /i ~/python-2.6.msi
> and this installs it into the current folder, not into c:/Python2.6 as
> it should be.
>=20
> I ran the similar command (with various versions of python) many times.
> First they were getting installed into the proper folder (under c:/).
> But later msiexec stopped asking any questions and just drops all files
> into the current folder. Same problem with other .msi installers.
>=20
> This might not be BSD specific. I am reporting it because this is a
> failure of a basic command that many are likely to run.
>=20
> In addition texts in window displayed by msiexec have messed up
> characters (wrong fonts?). Not sure why, but I see this across many
> programs ran by wine, digitaleditions would be another example.

Hi Yuri,

I just tried with a clean wine prefix with python-2.7.3.msi and everything=
=20
works as expected.  Given that the fonts are also broken it may be your pre=
fix=20
or installation is somehow broken. =20

You could try:
# env WINEPREFIX=3D/tmp/python wine msiexec /i ~/python-2.6.msi
to check if it is your prefix that is broken.  Failing that try reinstallin=
g=20
the wine package (and check the checksum). =20

Good luck,

Regards,

David